The famous pop star, Katy Perry would be taking active part in the Indian Premier League opening night at YMCA grounds in Chennai. Other performers include Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Prabhu Deva
Having ruled the top music lists and having won all the prestigious awards from the Billboard to that of Brit, Katy, the pop princess has now moved towards the Indian Premier League (IPL) bandwagon. She will be now performing at the opening ceremony of IPL-5, being held in Chennai, on 3rd April, 2012.
Having explored different parts of the globe and now ready to make her debut performance through IPL in India, the pop star will be helping flag off the upcoming season of league in her own style.
About Katy’s much-awaited performance, Rajeev Shukla, IPL Chairman said, “We are looking forward to the pop-star Ms. Perry’s performance at theOpening Nite of DLF IPL 2012. A performer of her standard will make the eve more special for the Indian Premier League family – organisers, players and fans. The originality and verve of her music suits that of the contest and we are looking forward to have an inspired participation from her.”
This visit would be her second visit to India. She was married to British actor-cum-comedian Russell Brand in October 2012 in India. Unfortunately, the couple parted away within 14 months of their marriage.
- Kareen Kapoor To perform at IPL opening ceremony
- I Will Match The Energy Of IPL: Priyanka Chopra
- Prabhu Deva To Perform In IPL-5 Opening Ceremony
- Delhi Daredevils Pick Bodi, Maxwell
- Amitabh, Salman And Priyanka To Participate In IPL V Opening Ceremony
- IPL 2012 Tickets
- Organisers Reschedule IPL 5 Due To Delhi Municipal Elections
- Daredevils Can Figure In The Play-offs This Season: Sehwag